Sunday, March 23, 2008


So I've been inspired by Amanda's Gansta Paradise entry on her blog, which made me laugh hard, to tell a little story about Ross... This one makes me laugh so hard I cry. When Ross was in 5th Grade he really liked the song Gansta's Paradise(I hope everyone remembers it, wonderful classic). Because he liked it so much he wanted to memorize the lyrics, so he wrote them down and his mom found the paper. Now can you imagine if you found a paper with this written on it by your 11 year old son who lives in white suburbia utah! She had never heard the song and I can just imagine what was going through her mind thinking this came from ross' mind. OHHH man it makes me laugh, the lyrics are as follows...

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I take a look at my life and realise there's none left
'Cause I've been brassing and laughing so long that
Even my mamma thinks that my mind is gone
But I aint never crossed a man that didn't deserve it
Me be treated like a punk, you know that's unheard of
You better watch how you talking, and where you walking
Or you and your homies might be lined in chalk
I really hate to trip but I gotta lope
As they croak I see myself in the pistal smoke ... fool
I'm the kinda G that little homies want to be like
On my knees in the night, saying prayers in the street light

They been spending most their lives living in the gangsta's paradise
They been spending most their lives living in the gangsta's paradise
We keep spending most our lives living in the gangsta's paradise
We keep spending most our lives living in the gangsta's paradise
e ...

4 comments:

Newt said...

That is hilarious. I can only imagine what was going through Mama Jana's mind when she found it Ha Ha. That also reminds me of our hilarious movie we made that one night. Miss you guys talk to you soon.

Evan and Amanda Tolman said...

YES! Glad I could be such an inspiration! And Ross and I could have a "rap off" with that song because I know it all too.

Erika said...

Who didn't love that song! I can totally see Ross trying to memorize it! He's always wanted to be be a gangsta!

Melinda said...

That is so funny! I got a good laugh...You two are super cute and looks like you are having lots of fun!
-Melinda